Taking care of your teeth can be a little complicated after you receive your braces. This makes it especially important for you to practice good oral hygiene habits to help ensure your smile remains safe against cavities.
How To Brush With Braces
- Brush after every meal for a minimum of two minutes.
- Use a small-headed toothbrush with fluoridated toothpaste.
- At a 45-degree angle, brush in gentle, circular motions from the gumline down.
- Remember to pay special attention to areas around the braces.
- Brush as normal on the chewing surfaces of your teeth.
How To Floss With Braces
- Floss after every meal.
- Using a floss threader, thread gently behind each wire and floss each section.
- After wrapping the floss around your finger and holding it in place with your pointer finger, floss with a soft back and forth motion between your teeth.
- Repeat until finished.
If you are having difficulty brushing or flossing your teeth, ask our team for additional tips. Our orthodontist may have suggestions and products that are more specially designed for hygiene with braces.
Schedule an appointment at GPO to learn more about brushing and flossing with braces in Grants Pass, Oregon. Call 541-474-0860 today to meet with our orthodontist, Dr. Brent Erickson.